Do you often experience electric shock in the kitchen and don’t know what to do? Don’t worry! This article is coming to tell you How To Treat Electric Shock In The Kitchen. Electric tools are very much dangerous especially when you use the electric cookware. Sometimes, short cooking time makes you careless about the electric shock that may happen anytime. You must be able to prevent such shock as you can, however, when it comes to happen, you have to know how to treat it.
Electric shock may cause burns on your skin. If a person doesn’t experience burns or has no marks left, he/she might have other injury inside the body. We can call it by internal damage. However, this can be a fatal even it is only a small injury.
Due to the facts, this article is going to tell you how to treat electric shock in the kitchen so that you can help yourself when you experience this accident. You can also be able to help other people who experience it when you are in the location.
Identify the Electric Shock
The first thing you have to do is to identify the electric shock. You should know what happen to you or other person because of the electric shock. The conditions commonly include severe burns, confusion, difficult breathing, heart rhythm problem, muscle pain, loss of consciousness and other possible damage.
If you can identify them, you could decide what to do next. This deals with the tips How To Treat Electric Shock In The Kitchen which is discussed later.
Tips To Treat Electric Shock In The Kitchen
The tips to treat electric shock in the kitchen are categorized based on the common injury as follows:
- Difficult Breathing
The first common electric shock is difficult breathing. If you find someone difficult to breath, you can look into the mouth to make sure there is no clear obstruction. Lift the chin and tilt the head back to open the airway. Put one of your hands on the stomach to know if it rises or falls. This case will help the person to get back the normal breathing.
The second tip deals with the burns caused by the electric shock. In this case, you can cool down the burns with the wet dressings after you are sure the burns are in the recovery position. Remove the damaged skins and apply the creams. Then, cover the injured skin with the dressings. You can also apply butter, fats or margarine. After that, you can put an ice to have the injured skin cool down.
- Muscle Pain
If a person experiences muscle pain because of the electric shock, you can put padding under the casualty head and cover it with cloth. Check the casualty’s ABC that is Airway, Breathing and Circulation. If the breathing can be back to normal, you must feel relieve.
Overall, there is nothing to worry about How To Treat Electric Shock In The Kitchen. As long as there is no injury, the treatment is going fine. Otherwise, you must call the doctor.