Types of electric cooktops come in many different styles. You can have a wide range of options to choose, not only for your cooking comfort, but also as the additional beauty touch to your kitchen. Cooktop one of very essential parts in the kitchen and has gone through many upgrades. One of them is the electric cooktop. There are also many types of electric cooktops in the market. Here are the top 3 electric cooktop types.
Electric Coil Cooktops
- The metal coils can heat up rapidly and reach the set temperature quickly.
- Electric coil surfaces are durable. You can put heavy cookware or grocery bags on top of the surface without damaging it.
- Compatible with any types of cookware, from the heavy cookware, stoneware, stainless, and etc.
- The price is not too expensive compare to other electric cooktops.
- The heat remains last longer that can pose a burn risk if you or your children bump the protruding metal coils on top.
- The appearances is not too appealing in the eye with its coils protrude the surface of the stove.
- Not too energy-efficient since it needs lots of power to heat up the coils.
- Need to be plug into a power source and the connection can loosen without your knowledge which will cause the burner to fail.
- The cleaning is a bit difficult since you have to remove the coils.
- There is a possible flame sparks, smoke, or shock if there is a spilled food or old food left behind.
Electric Induction Cooktop
- The food cooks faster
- The temperature control and adjustment is very easy
- Using magnetic fields to heat only the cookware and leaving the stovetop cold to the touch.
- Easy cleaning with only wiping the surface with damp material.
- Visually appealing.
- It is the most expensive of all types of electric cooktops.
- It is only compatible with certain cookware (iron or stainless steel) due to its magnetic conduction.
- Require regular care for the surface to last long.
Electric Ceramic-Glass Cooktop
- The surface can cool down faster than electric coil cooktop, so it is fairly safe.
- The heat is more concentrated that creates an efficient cooking process.
- The surfaces are smooth and very pleasing in the eye.
- It is not too expensive
- Easy cleaning. You can use a soft cloth with ceramic surface cleaner to clean the cooktop. But if there is food spills, you have to immediately clean it with extra care to avoid scratches.
- It is only compatible with certain cookware (stainless steel or aluminum with smooth flat bottom).
- The surface is quite fragile since it is easily scratches or cracked.
- Even though the cleaning is easy, you have to be very careful and use non-abrasive cleaning.
- Need electricity to work.
Those are the 3 electric cooktop types. Hopefully, this article can help you choose the best out of many types of electric cooktops.